Tuesday, December 23, 2008

No gifts, no kids, no fuss, no huzzah

My husband and I will be going to my Aunt's house tomorrow for the holiday. It will be good to see my parents and cousins, but I will miss having any kids around. Mine will be with their father this year in New Jersey. But my girls are young adults--I meant kids as in under the age of ten...somehow the holidays without any wide eyed participants just seems a little flat. I look back on all the years of my girls being girls and it seems like it went by too fast. At the time it was not rushing by. Every day had its tides of small dramas. Ah well, this is middle age, and it is my turn to look forwards and back, to see both shores and know this too is temporary. I also know I am lucky at my age to have parents and even a grandmother around. Lucky to be able to love them all through another year.

No comments: